Say what you will, disease management owes much of its success to being:
- "Simple" (purchasers can easily grasp just what is being offered)
- "Making sense" (nudging health care consumers into good selections has eminent face validity, especially if nurses are involved)
- "Affordable" (comparatively speaking, the PMPM does not sticker shock)
- "Money saving" (the standard of "proof" is different in the health care market, quality has to lead to savings somewhere and see the next point.....)
- "Linked to performance guarantees" (that's real money and still very much the exception compared to the glacial pace of payment reform in the rest of the health care industry).