Thursday, February 23, 2012

Loving Population Health Management Encounters

Inspired by zoological bard Tony Hoagland, the ever romantic Disease Management Care Blog shares in the population-health inspired paean to commitment, support and caring.



  ....it is just our second telephonic encounter and I languidly sit with headset in a faceless building with the silent hum of desktops, not looking at you for eye contact is not necessary....

And if I were a medical home right now, I would securely message the physician, confident there is no time for her read it.... or act.... 

And if I were an ACO, I would lovingly attribute you, unless your baseline costs were already low so I'd drop you fast and surpass the savings threshold.... 

And if you had moved beyond precontemplation, you would engage with my complex care plan and self-care your chronic condition and no longer bother me with your symptoms...and unhappiness.

And if I were an employer sponsored health plan, I would outsource the wellness program and demand fee clawbacks if target PMPMs were not achieved.

And if she were inside the risk corridor, we would avoid any clawbacks, earning me my bonus this year.....

which means we sit in silence and that your insurance won't cost less and ice cream cones won't be any more affordable for you for it is my ROI that we eat together.

No comments: