The Board reviews a company
health promotion program
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Ten Questions Publicly Traded Company Boards Should Ask about Employee Wellness
1. Does the company have a wellness, health promotion, disease prevention or condition management program in place? If not, why not? If it does, what is the vision and strategy?
3. Do other companies competing in the same industry have wellness, health promotion, disease prevention or condition management programs? How have they fared?
5. If the company is self-insured, what are the expectations about the impact of the program(s) on health insurance claims expense?
6. Is the programs' impact on recruitment, morale or productivity being assessed? How, and can the results be subject to an internal audit or to third-party outside review?
8. Does a "Chief Health Officer" exist? If not, why not? If yes, does the job description include any oversight responsibility of employee health?
9. Who on the board can act as a lead in providing the necessary oversight of any of these programs?
10. Is low-cost, scalable digital technology "mHealth" being leveraged? How?